This page is for informational purposes only. Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Travel to Bath
- Bath Spa train station has frequent connections from London and Bristol.
- The closest airport is Bristol Airport. The airport connects to Bath directly with the A4 bus (every half hour, duration 60-75 minutes), or with the airport bus plus train via Bristol Temple Meads train station.
- Heathrow Airport connects to Bath with Heathrow Express plus train via London Paddington train station, or with the National Express bus
Accommodation and getting around in Bath
- Bath is a busy tourist destination, so booking a room as soon as possible is highly recommended
- There is little or no accommodation available next to the university campus where the conference takes place, so most of the convenient accommodation is in or near the city centre
- The campus is located on top of a substantial hill (~30 min walk up from the city centre, ~20 min walk down, with nice views) served by two bus companies on a common route, bus U1 (£1.50 single ticket) and U18 (£1.20 single ticket).
- The central bus stops are Dorchester Street (from the train station, cross the street and go left, the stop is opposite the bus station) and on the north side of the Abbey (see route map). During the conference, road works on North Parade may lead to rerouted buses on Great Pultney street, with no detrimental effect on the journey time (~13 min).
An unofficial list of accommodation visitors have used in the past: